Sandals I used to make

I recently came across an old proof sheet of sandals I used to make – before I learned the health problems associated with the use of shoe contact cement, and swore off the use of petrol-based soling. So these sandals have Vibram soles, that were attached to the sandal with Barge cement.

Some of them had a wax-resist band, with a touch of embroidery for extra color. Others had stars and stitching. A design I particularly like is the purple and black sandal with the flower on the vamp – I love the tie heel piece. I’m inspired to find a way to incorporate some of these designs into the ecological sandals I now make.


You may also like