I made this sample shoe as a result of working with the 1945 pattern shown in a blog-post a few weeks back. I struggled with the pattern, and realized that I didn’t like the double-layer of leather over the front of the foot, so I gave it a look similar to the vintage pattern, but didn’t follow if exactly.
Also, when I make mock-up shoes I can’t resist using my worst belly leather. I just can’t handle using good leather when I know I will never make the other shoe so I will have a pair to wear..but sometimes the belly leather doesn’t make the most lovely shoe, as in this case. But, I hope you get the idea that this pattern makes a lovely moccashoe!
Here’s my updated pattern: